Police Arrest Suspect in Milwaukee Shootings That Killed 3

Crime

The Brief

Milwaukee police arrested a 36-year-old man Tuesday after a standoff at a home on the city’s northwest side. Authorities said he was wanted in connection with two shootings that killed three people over the weekend.

The arrest followed a tactical response near North 84th Street and Fiebrantz Avenue on August 11, 2026. Police said the suspect barricaded himself inside a residence before officers took him into custody.

According to Milwaukee police, the suspect is connected to two shootings that occurred Saturday night and left three people dead. Authorities said the incidents were related and stemmed from domestic violence circumstances.

Officers attempted to contact the suspect around 12:15 p.m. Tuesday. When he refused to come out, police deployed crisis negotiators and tactical units to the scene.

The standoff ended around 2 p.m. after officers used tactical measures, including a flashbang device and less-lethal rounds. The suspect then exited the residence and was arrested.

What We Know

Investigators said the first shooting occurred around 9:40 p.m. Saturday near 21st and Pierce streets, close to Mitchell Park.

Authorities identified the victims as 26-year-old Vanessa DeHerrera and 29-year-old Scott Bucholz. Both were pronounced dead at the scene.

About 25 minutes later, police responded to another shooting in the 3400 block of North 39th Street in Milwaukee’s Roosevelt Grove neighborhood.

A third victim, identified as 38-year-old Shamarla “Asir” Hare, was shot and transported to a local hospital. She later died from her injuries.

Police believe the two shootings are connected and have described the incidents as domestic violence-related.

The investigation led detectives to a residence near North 84th Street and Fiebrantz Avenue, where officers located the suspect Tuesday afternoon.

A large police presence remained in the area during the standoff as negotiators attempted to bring the situation to a peaceful conclusion.

The suspect was eventually taken into custody without additional injuries being reported.

What’s Next

Milwaukee police have referred criminal charges against the suspect to the Milwaukee County District Attorney’s Office.

As of the latest verified reports, prosecutors had not yet announced formal charges.

The next confirmed step in the case is the District Attorney’s review of evidence submitted by investigators to determine what criminal charges will be filed.

Authorities have not yet announced a court appearance date or arraignment schedule.

Additional information regarding potential charges is expected once prosecutors complete their review of the case.

Clara Wiilson

Clara Wilson

Clara Wilson is a senior investigative reporter for WFBNews, specializing in criminal justice, federal law enforcement, and high-profile missing persons cases. With over a decade of experience in the field, Clara is dedicated to providing factual, boots-on-the-ground reporting that prioritizes accuracy and ethics. She previously covered the legal beat for several major metropolitan outlets before joining the WFB News team to focus on national investigative stories.